Wednesday, November 2, 2016

What I've Learned & What I'm Learning

I have finally chosen a thesis topic that I am passionate about and gathered a host of sources discussing best practices for museum professionals engaging with climate change within their institution, how to best contextualize climate change to visitors, how historic buildings are directly effected by changes in the climate at large (as well as how this influences the microclimates which develop inside the building), the structural and behavioral changes seen in buildings affected by a changing climate, and how museum objects respond to shifts in both microclimate as well as the climate at large. My bibliography and sources seem very promising and have my interest in a death grip; I am incredibly eager to dig into these readings and really develop a more fulfilled and full understanding as to how our shifting environmental conditions are directly impacting objects of visual culture such as museum objects and buildings. Research into the ways that local Rochesterian cultural institutions and professionals have engaged the public on the topic of climate change and sustainability as well as how these professionals use climate controls in a museum setting seems both exciting and informative. The interviews, especially, will be very interesting I am sure.

I look forward to beginning writing and continuing research on my project! Please, let me know if you have any questions or if I did not explain a facet of my topic accessibly (or at all).

No comments:

Post a Comment