Thursday, March 22, 2018

March Forward

As March comes close to an end, I see the end in sight as well as how far I've come. I know the work that has to be done: Completing the write-up of my case studies is chief among them. I have applied to internships over the summer, and I am slated to present at the Museum Association of New York in just a couple weeks. It is a weird feeling for me, as I come close to finishing my thesis. I still have one more semester left to do after this one as a consequence of switching into the Museum Studies program at an odd time in my undergraduate career. I sit in class and listen to the laughs and the discussions of my classmates, who are more than eager to walk the stage in May and continue on to the next phase in life. Sometimes I am left feeling bereft....and other times, I am grateful for that extra semester. I will get the chance to learn and connect with my college more than I had in my first two and a half years at RIT (when I was in my previous major). 
I am finding that I truly enjoy my major and the people and opportunities within it. There are days of course, where I do feel a bit overwhelmed, but I figure that's par for the course. Moreover, I realize that I do have an entire network of people within the MUSE program that I can convene with to discuss any concerns I may have and discuss plans of action that I can feasibly carry out. 
The next week for me will be filling out the remainder of my thesis and rearranging certain passages so that it follows with more fluidity than it does now. I know that if I go two weeks without checking in on my progress with thesis my anxiety will get the better of me in the midst of all my other responsibilities and deadlines. 
Until then, I will continue to march forward. 

1 comment:

  1. Kayla, I so appreciate your post and its reflections on your experiences in the major. Thank you for sharing this! And, you're exactly right — completing now frees up the fall for additional opportunities and connections, as well as offering contributions for you to share your knowledge and experiences with others! You've got this! I look forward to reading your final thesis! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete