Thursday, March 22, 2018

The Home Stretch

As we come to the end of March and the full draft deadline approaches, I am enjoying seeing my paper begin to come together. At this point, I am writing my recommendations for how the Kodak Archive can be developed and improved, based on standards and best practices established in the field. This is a lot easier said than done, because the Kodak Archive is a very unique case study. There is nothing written about how to approach a corporate archive at a company that has recently suffered financial disaster and is moving in a completely new direction. My recommendations are based on my own observations and experiences working with the collection, as well as best practices and advice from those in the archival field. I am looking forward to seeing my project come to fruition, and I am hopeful that it will be useful to Kodak as they move forward with the archive.

1 comment:

  1. Emily, you're exactly right — writing the recommendations is a challenge but with your basis in the literature of the field, your advising team, and your experience in building out the archive and its digital records, you're equipped to do this! I look forward to reading your final thesis! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete