Monday, March 18, 2019

Spring Semester Update #4

It's hard to believe the full draft of our thesis is due next week! I'm definitely feeling the stress at the moment. I keep battling with this sense of not doing enough. For instance, no matter how much I research, in the back of my mind I'm thinking: is there a better resource out there? Am I including enough facets to this topic? I probably will never stop feeling this way, but for now, I just have to pick a good point to stop and write down my findings/conclusion based on what I have. The good thing is that I have a clear sense of what sections I need to finish (it's just a matter of how far I take those sections, as I before stated). I need to finish up my section on National Museums Scotland, other digital initiatives (digital collections/resources provided outside of museums, for example, by community organizations or universities), and then the conclusion.

I also need to work on my appendix and secure some good maps and images to supplement my research. I definitely want to include screenshots of all the digital initiatives I describe. In addition, I want to find a map of Gaelic in Scotland in the 21st century to compare to the map I found of Gaelic usage in Scotland during the late 1800s. Maps will be crucial in helping readers situate the research geographically. If I can find any photos of bilingual signs or didactic panels in museums in Scotland, I will include that as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment