Monday, March 4, 2024

Pushing Towards the Finish Line!

 Second drafts have been submitted for review, and while there is still a lot of work to be done, this is a time for celebration. I've now written the bulk of my paper (save for a few important sections that remain) and can shift my focus to refining, but that hardest parts are over. As we move into poster preparation and finishing steps, what I'm REALLY looking forward to is sharing my work with a larger audience.

Lately I have been focusing on the "arguments" section of my paper, that is, making the argument that Renaissance Faires are a valid form of living history. In the fall, I assumed that this section would be the easiest to write; my opinions were formed and it seemed only to be a matter of getting them down on paper. But now that the time has come to pen these pages, my mind is swimming with the things that I have learned from existing literature, and find myself working within a greater context that I never could have imagined when picking this topic back in October.

There isn't much left to say except an expression of continued excitement to see my classmates' projects take shape as well. Everyone is working hard, and I know we can do great things! PA Renaissance Faire tickets have finally gone on sale, and as the weather warms up and my thesis nears completion, I can't wait to see what life after graduation holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment