Friday, November 24, 2017

Evolution of my thesis


At the beginning of the year, I had a pretty clear idea of my research question. Although the main premise of my thesis hasn’t changed much, my sources have. I had gathered a lot of research that was mostly relevant, but as I progressed in my research process, I found a whole new set of sources that are directly related to museum schools, their defining characteristics, and their curriculum. My current bibliography looks very different from only a couple weeks ago, but I think it’s for the better.



As for the project side, I had initially envisioned doing a series of observations at a local museum school. But with the input from my classmates and advisors, I have decided to also do classroom observations at a traditional public school, so I can compare the two. The specifics of my project will likely change, as I’m still in hammering out details with both of the schools. But I’ll definitely have a clear outline in the next week or so, and I’m looking forward to finally visiting the classrooms.

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth, I am thrilled that you are going to pursue classroom observations. If you are not sure where to turn, you might reach out to RIT's K-12 program. See here: https://www.rit.edu/~w-k12/index.php

    ReplyDelete