Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Tying Up Loose Ends...

I am pretty comfortable with the amount of work I've accomplished with my thesis thus far. However, I do have more research to do specifically on the history of Massimo and Lella Vignelli, as well as the Vignelli Center. On Wednesday before Thanksgiving I am going to check out a few more books related to collections management policies and archives to look over during break. Friday, Saturday and Sunday I am housesitting for my mom, so I am planning to set up shop in her apartment and use that time to clean up my literature review, and also to complete the ending of it. I also will be working on completing my thesis proposal during the break, including coming up with a title.

2 comments:

  1. One thing that I have always been curious about with regards to the Vignelli Center is why it is here at RIT. What's the connection between RIT and the Vignellis? I'm sure you'll find the answer to this in your research...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire, it is interesting to think about the Vignelli as both an archive and a museum. What is the distinction, with regard to the use of the term as well as the collecting policy, for instance? How broad of a scope does the Vignelli have? What about the broader designation of design archive? Why is "Center" part of the name, and not specifically "Archive" or "Museum"? What hierarchy does it fit under (academics, library, other)? So many questions — looking forward to learning what you're discovering!

    ReplyDelete