Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Blog #6

 My thesis project has not changed drastically, just a few minor adjustments. Originally, I wanted to research the process of creating a new museum. Applying what I learned from my sources to my museum about Buffalo Sports. The museum was going to be solely about the history of Buffalo Sports and famous athletes. I’m still going to continue this idea but enhance it. I became curious about the impact that this museum would make on Buffalo’s community. I found some readings that praise major renovations within the city and how it provided social, economic, and political benefits. I began to think that the creation of my museum could have that same effect. Slowly include the role of sports fans into my museum, such as community collaboration.
As you can see my project isn’t just going to be a museum retelling the sports memories but also how this institution will celebrate the fans, as they help create Buffalo’s community. I still wish to incorporate artifacts from Buffalo’s famous athletes as well as mementos from Buffalo Sports History, but after talking to several members of the community and listening to their suggestions, I would like to add another aspect to my museum. It should be a gathering place. A place for celebrations, both past, and present. For this reason, I would like to incorporate a restaurant and sports bar. 

    This not only allows for young children to learn about the history of their teams while watching them in the present, but it also brings a sense of nostalgia to the older generation of fans. I feel as though the combination of both past(through artifacts) and present(through watching live games), will give Buffalo Sports fans a sense of comfort and overall happiness upon visiting. Based solely off the opinions of other fans since the commencement of my research, it seems as though a multi-purpose museum such as this would be the ideal spot to gather and watch as one, as Buffalo continues its quest for a championship.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the idea of incorporating a restaurant and bar into the museum. Do you have any ideas for that, as in bringing in a Buffalo classic or a little more generic? Would the bar show current games, historic games, a mix?

    ReplyDelete