Thursday, November 29, 2018

Growing Pains

This semester has been a whirlwind. Thesis research was relatively general for the first two months, as I wasn't able to meet someone from the exhibition I wanted to partner with until the beginning of November. After this initial meeting (and meeting with my primary adviser) I realized that a project like the one I was undertaking wasn't really what I would be passionate about. Fortunately it was relatively simple to shift my focus toward the art case studies I had been looking at as part of my literature review, since of the research I had done was still relevant. The only trouble now is getting the research on to the page and developing a strong voice throughout my literature review.

I have been working to find more and more sources that give me further insight in to the topics I have chosen so that I can develop those sections of my literature review. I have been receiving unfathomable support and guidance from my two thesis advisers who are helping me hone my focus and organize my thoughts. I am enjoying finding out more and more about the depth of controversy in each of my case studies and I feel much less overwhelmed than I did with my initial project. It's getting to be crunch time so I'm focusing on really getting the facts in place so I can develop my argument and really put forth a strong thesis proposal. 

My main focus moving forward is developing a stronger understanding of the methodology I should be using to evaluate my case studies and develop the best practices I've been trying to develop in the first place. I am hopeful that this will simply mean looking to the resources I have been reading and looking at the various methodologies implemented in other evaluations of topics related to my case studies. 


1 comment:

  1. Good call in changing your focus to something you'll be more passionate about. I'm sure once you start writing it will all come to you.

    ReplyDelete