Sunday, November 10, 2019

Blog post 6: how has my topic evolved?

This is it, the penultimate blog post of this semester! At this point, it's really about choosing objects, creating a lesson plan, and executing it. And yes, I still need to choose objects. I went to the RMSC last weekend and picked a bunch of toys, but had a terribly difficult time trying to create a lesson framework for them. After a great chat with Dr. Decker, I now have a slightly different plan of attack, start creating the lesson framework first, and find objects to fill in the gaps. The good news is this happened in early November, so I still have plenty of time to get everything done.

That all being said, my topic hasn't evolved too much since it was first conceived. With each step I get a clearer vision of what the end product will look like, but it's more like it's slowly coming into focus, and less like it's a completely different topic altogether. I imagine that as the framework gets built, objects get chosen, and the lesson plan starts to shape up, it will only become clearer still.

2 comments:

  1. Its so nice that your topic has stayed the same, the finished product is going to be really interesting to see.

    ReplyDelete