Monday, November 11, 2019

My Idea for the Future

For the first couple of months I held pretty true to my original idea. Although as I continue to gather research and narrow down my topic, it seems that I keep tweaking various parts of my thesis and concept. My topic is no longer focused primarily on the digital space and the role interactivity plays. It seems to have shifted. I'm now examining how a digital space portrays a narrative/storyline and what role can users play in the content generated for the site. With this change I need to re-conceptualize my original thesis statement and continue to narrow down what topics are important to my paper. I'm happy with this new direction!

I believe that my ideas about my thesis will continue to evolve and change. But because I am happy with these new ideas, I feel like I can move forward with the project part of my thesis, and start the visual process. I have also officially decided to work with ArcGIS because of its story mapping capabilities. I think this platform will help me form an engaging narrative and think more in depth about what content users would like to see on this type of platform.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! Honestly, getting to the point where you've narrowed down your project, I think, is the hardest part. It's also good to see you've been able to choose a program and are comfortable to move on into the project stage! I'm excited to see the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your updated thesis topic is interesting. It will be cool to think of different ways that users can contribute to the content. It's also great that you can get started with ArcGIS. I'm looking forward to seeing what the digital project will look like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you're happy with your new direction, it sounds really interesting! Are you still going to be working with the camp you worked at this summer as the focus for your research?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Refining, refining. . . One tool to consider is Scalar. We've been using that in my afternoon class, and it may be good for navigating/pathways for your exhibit idea. Let's discuss, or scroll around online to see what it's like. . .

    ReplyDelete