Saturday, November 9, 2019

What I am learning about my thesis

I have a more concentrated topic now, I am exploring college aged girls and possibly using Campus Curls on campus as a resource but to use the women in that group to interview. In terms of sources, I am having a hard time finding written work on Campus Curls to tie into my sources but due to Project Muse I have found some really resourceful books and pieces by black women discussing their hair and analyzing it through different topics and mediums. I have also found lots of oral histories that tie into surveys that are help make larger observations. I am also learning that there are more contemporary works out there!

I still need to know if there are more accurate sources in terms of my literature review but thinking ahead, for my project I need to start learning about equipment. Asking my advisors if there are more sources for oral history, tips for condensing my project more and what equipment is attainable to interviewing my subjects.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Leah,

    I'm glad you've started finding some useful sources! Let me know if you need help finding some general/methods-based oral history sources-- I just found two for my project that I'm pretty excited about, and would be happy to share.

    ReplyDelete