Sunday, December 1, 2019

Blog post 7: plans for break

Hello everyone! I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders as I have just submitted my final thesis proposal for the semester!

Some goals for myself over winter break:
  • Schedule the program for sometime in January (?) at Solstice
  • Make the program!
    • Lots of research
    • Test it out on my parents/grandparents/aunts and uncles who are willing
  • Maybe start writing the actual thesis? I don't want to get too ambitious though, I do definitely need at least a short break from this before school starts back up again.
I will say my main priority for break will be spending time with family and friends who I don't get to see that often. My second priority will be researching and making a definitive lesson plan for the program, since that is really the crucial part at this point in the process. I'm sure I'll be able to write enough pages after the program happens, but nothing will get done if I show up at Solstice completely unprepared! Then if all else goes well, my third priority will be starting to write my thesis, though I'm sure once January comes around, wearing pjs and watching some Netflix will be more tempting than getting a head start on homework...!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Taylor, looks like a good plan for break. One suggestion is to think about structuring your evaluation to cover a variety of facets (front-end, formative, summative). See notes from MUSE 360 and other courses, or let me know if you have any questions. While you know you clearly want to work with this population, it might be useful to think critically (as a result of the evaluation measures) about what you are going to undertake. Let me know if you need company to head over to Solstice. I don't think it's but 15 min from my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Testing out the program with family members first sounds like a great idea! Focusing on the lesson plan seems like the best bet for staying productive. Don't want to assign yourself too much and then get discouraged with everything you have to do. Just relax (in pjs) and do one thing at a time. :)

    ReplyDelete