Sunday, December 1, 2019

Winter Break Goals

I have a few goals set for the winter break. First, I want to read the book The Land of Open Graves by Jason De Leon, which is an anthropological book written on immigration over the US Mexico border by the same guy who is putting this exhibition together. I think I'd get a better understanding of the situation at the border and be better able to understand the exhibition by reading it. I'll also create a list of questions that I want to ask people at the writing sessions. During all of this I'll be keeping in contact with my advisors and keeping up to date on the exhibition.

I'll allocate a small portion of my evenings to reading a chapter out of my book. I'll check my emails at least once a week. Finally I'll take a weekend to draft at least 10 open ended questions to as at the writing sessions. Hopefully everyone has a plan for the future and I can't wait to work with everyone again next semester!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rachel, this sounds like a good, solid plan. One suggestion is to include quantitative questions as well as qualitative because the quant can show patterns directly, without having to be interpreted by you (# of people who agree with....# students interviewed/# faculty...and so on). Definitely read DeLeon and confer with Dr. Kray about other sources, too!

    ReplyDelete