Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Winter Break: The Time To Get Going

As the semester is coming to an end and things are beginning to slow down, winter break is ever-present in the minds of all students. While I am excited for the chance to rest and take a break it also means making sure I have set goals for my continued work on my thesis over the break.

After some discussion with my primary advisor and some personal goals of my own, my main objective over the break is to get a good start on both my paper and my digital project. I would like to get into The Cazenovia Library's Collection and start compiling more sources regarding the specific history of its objects. I'd also like to give a thorough eye to its exhibition itself and how I will make it into a digital space. With all the free time I will have I'd ideally like to set weekly goals for myself on steps I want to be completed so that my schedule can still be flexible and restful without my work becoming completely pushed to the side.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mandy, It will be nice to rest and take a little bit of a break! It sounds like your objectives for break will give you a nice head start coming into the spring semester! I'm excited to hear more about the Cazenovia's Library Collection and what sources you find when you go and visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mandy,

    I can't wait to see what comes out of your visits to the Caz Library! Also, I like that you plan to set weekly goals for yourself-- that seems reasonable, and I might have to steal it. :)
    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete