Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Winter Break plans

Over winter break, I hope to spend time working on interviews for my Sperr Memorial Park audio tour. This includes drafting lists of questions, contacting potential interview candidates, conducting at-home interviews (I hope to interview Rochester-based individuals when we come back in January), and spending time visiting AJ (Trooper Sperr). I try to make a point to visit him each time I come home, but it'll be interesting to really take the time to just be present at the park, and to see how all the research I've been conducting this semester informs/transforms my park experience.

I also have a local contact (and dear friend) who I'd like to touch base with --she's a photographer, so I think she'd be perfect for taking high-quality photos of the park to use for my tour. Speaking of photographs, here's one from Sperr Memorial Park this past weekend (before the Big Flats area was plummeted with power outages and snow). Some kind stranger had decorated the tree near the children's playground and, because it's seasonally-appropriate, I thought it'd be nice to share.

View of the children's playground and a decorated tree at Sperr Memorial Park. Photo taken by the author in November 2019.

Stay warm, everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment