Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Thesis Project/ Thesis meeting

I feel really great about the direction that my project is going. After my panel meeting this Monday, I am going the direction of a focus group as opposed to individual meetings with the faculty that I interview. This way it feels like a conversation/table talk where an exchange of opinions can be shared with the woman. I will only be facilitating the questions in a way that feels more conversational and organic than the traditional interviewer/subject relationship.

I have also chosen to interview faculty along with staff here at RIT to get a more diverse group of women who might be in different positions or places here at school. Right now I am working with my advisors to compile a list of potential subjects to reach out to, working on consent forms to send out, and a demographic poll to keep track of where these women range in terms of age/ethnicity/background.

I just finished my 8 pages and chose to do my introduction (brief history of black hair) and my methodology for how I want to construct these focus groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment