Thursday, February 25, 2021

First Draft!

 It has been kind of topsy turvy trying to make sure I am caught up in other classes while doing the thesis. My first Draft has come together, and it is such a far cry from my original concept! I have created my best practices guide for VR development which has probably been the hardest part so far. I am an amateur when it comes to development, but having friends who do this for a living has been a great resource. Now, I am focusing on finding people to interview for original work. Some professional VR devs are willing to do it, which is great. Coming up with questions has been hard. It's also been hard trying to find Museum professionals to interview. I plan on creating a google survey to send out, but I just need to get the motivation to do that. It has been a really busy couple of weeks, for sure. I am excited to speak to professionals and gauge their opinion overall, though. Catching up in everything is exhausting. Though, hopefully by next week's class meeting, I should be on track. Looking forward to it, future John. 

Dr. Decker also recommended a VR conference that I am really excited to attend. I think it'll open up a lot of the view for me, in terms of VR in museums. It'll be great material to work with. I'm taking this weekend to focus solely on the interviews, and have two lined up! I wanted to do Zoom interviews, but one guy is only willing to do typed answers. Though he is willing to correspond in the future, which is great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment