Thursday, March 11, 2021

Keep on Chuggin'

 I am making swift progress on the thesis! This week, I interviewed Michael Haley Goldman at the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. He is the Director of Future Projects and has worked on brand new tech within the context of their museum. He was a really interesting person to talk to, and was incredibly knowledgeable of new tech in the museums and the challenges that come with that. It definitely reaffirmed the thesis concept for me, because a lot of the questions I asked him in terms of the thesis, we had lengthy conversation about. The interviews are a saving grace for me: Getting opinions from professionals has led me to further hone in on the topic. The struggle I am having is finding a good way to integrate our conversations into the thesis. I am still thinking of ways to make our conversations into "sources." My overall survey is going out this week too! Huge thanks to Dr. Decker and Dr. Carroll for the help; I am super excited to disseminate it and get that info. 

1 comment:

  1. John, sounds like you are getting there with your research and interviews. An interesting corollary for the conversation with USHMM might be the Shoah Foundation's volumetric render project that we looked at in MUSE 360. https://mjhnyc.org/exhibitions/the-last-goodbye/ Looking forward to your next update!

    ReplyDelete