Tuesday, March 9, 2021

 Hello once again welcome back to the Brian Zabawa Blog station. This week we'll talk about my second draft for my thesis as well as the changes that I have made based on my advisor's response.

This draft of my thesis came out really well I think. I had some really good motivation while I was writing and the sections where I explained and justified the game mechanics were really solid. The justification for the purpose of the game still needs some work, but I'm not as worried about that because I recently switched the purpose of my thesis and I have to find more sources that I just didn't have yet. The game itself feels so close to done I just need to work out a few more kinks especially with how the different museums win the game. Right now they're all playing the same but they're trying to collect different categories of items. I would like for them to feel unique and I think I need to workshop it. Please send me an email if you would like to collaborate on this portion of the project with me. It would be fun just playing a game for a bit and giving feedback. 

My advisors have claimed that I need to do more in the justification of the existence of the game. I think this is slanderous and absolutely ridiculous. Just kidding of course, I completely agree that there needs to be more explanation of why the game would help the field. One of my advisors Trent Hergenrader gave me some excellent feedback on how to structure my introduction as well as some things to include.

I feel like I will be able to make the third draft very nice.

1 comment:

  1. Brian, I want to hear more about this - sounds exciting, and you had me at slander. Seriously, though, I want to hear more about the direction and developments you've made. Circle back to me soon! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete