Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Welcome to my Thesis Project: James Falotico

    Hello, my name is James Falotico; I am a 4th year museum studies major currently working on my thesis/capstone project. To briefly introduce my project, I am researching and analyzing the evolution of the public's opinion on exhibitions that focus on displaying World War 1 propaganda posters. For the research side of my project, I have found case studies from various exhibitions from the 1970s, 2018, and 2023. For the project-oriented side of my thesis, I have curated and installed an exhibit titled Selling War and Buying Patriotism: Propaganda, Posters, and Prose from WWI and WWII. This exhibit displays various World War propaganda posters from my collection and explores themes seen through a modern lens. I will invite the public to take an exit survey during this exhibit to gauge modern public opinion on World War propaganda. Finally, exciting news: the exhibit has been installed and officially opened today (1/16/2023). The pictures below are from the installation of Selling War and Buying Patriotism: Propaganda, Posters, and Prose from WWI and WWII.





No comments:

Post a Comment