Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Eliot Gavin- Beginning my interviewing process

 Hi all! I just finished the first draft of my literature review last night and I am so excited to start my project! I will be interviewing 3 Livingston County Residents about their memories and hopes for The Castle on the Hill. I sent out the flyer below to local historical societies and local nursing homes. So far, I am still waiting for someone to reach out but I am going to be advertising in person during fall break. Please feel free to contact me at ejg9342@rit.edu if you know anyone interested!


 

I am also happy to announce that I am the recipient of the College of Liberal Arts Student Research Fund! I am using the money from this fund to create a professional oral history kit and get processing software to make oral history transcriptions more accurate. I am so thankful to have received this award.

I am visiting the Livingston County Historian's Archives soon to get primary sources and memory aids for my oral history interviews. I am also creating my own oral history release form and procedures document. Next, I will have to connect with potential interviewees and create interview questions!

I am thrilled to start working with the community I grew up in! Please feel free to contact me with any questions at ejg9342@rit.edu! 

No comments:

Post a Comment