Saturday, October 12, 2024

October Update! - Finn Bishop-Duford

 Hello again everyone!


Since the beginning of the semester, I have been working hard to research and write my thesis, but today I decided to give myself a small break. Today, I visited the Memorial Art Gallery in Rochester, New York with some friends. Although I was not technically "working" on my thesis or project. I consider this leisure experience a light, but necessary form of work.

The point of this blog post is to say, that while you are working on intensive projects like these, take some time for yourself. Enjoy the world around you. It may seem like you are taking time away from your project, but, trust me, you are not. Leisure time is important to everyone's everyday functioning. In fact, you may find some inspiration along your small self-care voyage. I was inspired by the art that surrounded me in the gallery. I was able to scrounge up some ideas in my hand-dandy notebook for layout designs, potential projects, and interpretation. Because I had leisure time it inspired my project and helped me actively work on it without much stress. So, immerse yourself in the world around you, take a deep breath, and ask yourself, "Where are my feet?" Taking some time to focus on the now instead of what still needs to be done can do wonders for your mental health.

Be well! I hope everyone reading this is enjoying/enjoyed their fall break.

Below is a picture of my cat Prismo!



No comments:

Post a Comment