Monday, October 14, 2024

Exciting updates!

 

Hi! Long time no see... 

I've taken the time this past weekend to reach out to four of my friends who are passionate about Lolita fashion and also wearers of it! These are simplified, but I asked them three questions: 

1. Are you interested in being interviewed? 

2. Would you be willing to lend pieces to be put on display in the gallery?

3. Are you interested in participating in a potential fashion show?

Three have enthusiastically responded with yes, while I am still waiting to hear back from the last one. In any case, I'm very excited to have at least three participants willing to be interviewed, have their pieces put on display, and participate in a possible fashion show (which I should later discuss in more detail with Dr. Decker). 

My roommate, Alyssa, has also gladly agreed to lend her magazine to be put on display for the exhibition! 

I'm very glad this is becoming more of a collaborative process. I aimed to not only make it about the fashion, but the community and directly involving the people within it, with their permission. I am so thankful for them! They are so willing to share their different perspectives, lend pieces and art, and model for a show. 

See you next update!

- Carolyn

(Kamikaze Girls, 2004) 


 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment