Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Progress, Progress, Progress!

 Hello hello!

I'm back again with a small update as I head into fall break (which I will be taking advantage of to do more work and sleep). A lot has been done since my last post, but there's not much to say on it. I've done my annotated bibliography, where I found and read around 17 sources, but I am continuing to find more as I find gaps. I've started a rough draft of my abstract, and writing this reminds me that I need to go over it again, and even settled on a research question and location! I will be using my exhibit in the GCCIS atrium as the focus of my visitor study, with a high possibility of a focus group being derived from those survey respondents. 

I've also started one of the largest parts of my thesis--- the lit review. I've got a very, very rough draft which is almost more of an outline, but I think I'm in a good place! I currently have three sections, but will be cutting one of those as it can be easily combined with the others. I'm planning on writing an introduction to my lit review, as currently it just jumps straight into what a visitor study is, and is a clunky transition as a result. My plans for the next couple of weeks is to revise my abstract (again) and finish my lit review and begin to revise that. Today (10/9) I plan complete my visitor survey so I can start gathering data, and so I have it prepared if I go to the MUSE 220 class so that they can fill it out. 


Hopefully, I'll have a lot done after the break, and I look forward to updating you on my continued work.

- Nic Feldman

No comments:

Post a Comment