Monday, December 3, 2018

Blog post 7: Break

My goals for my project over break are to have my two thesis advisors meet for the first time, to continue researching my topic to make sure that I'm providing as complete of an analysis as possible, to conduct some of the interviews with members of the dance group, and to relax for a few days so I can approach the topic with fresh eyes after the break.

I've already attended two Christmas parties for various groups within the Federation, and I will be attending at least one more in the upcoming weeks. While not during break, I will also be attending the Federation's Gala Ball in late January which will give me the opportunity to possibly interview a few more members of the dance group as well as members of the federation.

In the meantime, my thoughts are turning to going on our New Year's Eve cruise! Have a wonderful break everyone!!

Pulling in to Nassau, Bahamas aboard the Anthem of the Seas 1/2/18
Photo courtesy of Erich Roeszies

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have some really great things lined up for break! Personally I think taking a break from thesis for a little is a great idea. Not only is it good to give yourself time to relax, but I also feel like giving yourself time away from your topic will allow you to look at it in a new light when you come back to it. Have a great break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you've got some opportunities to network and talk to people about your thesis. Plus, you know the people attending these events are close to the subject and will care about the topic of your thesis - which is always a plus!

    ReplyDelete