Thursday, February 22, 2018

Mid-Semester Update! Still Listening?

Admittedly, I do not have any sort of grand update on the status of my thesis this time around.
Since receiving feedback from the first draft of my thesis I’ve slowly been chipping away at revisions,
and it seems like a more complete version of my thesis is beginning to take form.


Since my last update, I have near completed writing about my podcast case studies and am
working to create visuals and tables to make the comparative nature of my paper more easily

understandable. I am also currently working on the more arduous task of bringing together my
specific case study analysis and my larger examination of public history common practices.

At this point I’d honestly just like to thank my advisors for all of their help and support so far,
and ask that they continue to believe in my research as much as I do. In process, I write in a
very fragmented manner, so the fact that they are able to glean anything from my research so
far is encouraging for when I can finally put it all together. Going forward I plan to really
clean up and finalize a lot of the ideas and writing I have, making a more well rounded and
complete thesis.

1 comment:

  1. Alex, thank you for the shoutout. It's been a pleasure working with you thus far on your thesis!
    Honing in on definitions of ph/history and other terms, as well as breaking down your case studies into component elements has been useful in terms of our discussions — and I look forward to seeing how this manifests itself in Draft 2. And, note, the weaving together of all parts of the thesis (the making of its form you note above) is a challenge-one that I know you're up to tackling! So keep at it!

    ReplyDelete