Thursday, February 1, 2018

Winter in Rochester


Shed A at the Rochester Public Market
Photo taken by author on Jan. 4, 2018

    A new year has started and I have continued on with my thesis research in the form of sit visits and observations at RPM. I have met some wonderful people; RPM vendors and staff members, such as Evan Lowenstein- who was incredibly helpful and welcoming in my efforts to gather information. In fact, I'd like to make a point of saying how grateful I am for everyone's patience and willingness to help me whenever I have questions or want to bounce an idea off the wall. I am always aware of how new I am to this major (this is my third semester in Museum Studies!) and it has been an incredible learning curve as I navigate through my classes and the experiences I have there in. 

 So far, this years' most rewarding moment at the RPM for me, was when I went early on Saturday morning to perform a site visit. There weren't too many people, but there was a sense of warmth and ease among the other visitors that were present. I also bought an arm full of groceries for $6 and made a meal that lasted me two days (would've lasted me more, but it was cold and I was starving).  

A lot of other things have happened, but for this post, I'd like to keep to the positive. Until next time.


~Kayla

  






No comments:

Post a Comment