Friday, February 23, 2018

Update 2018 2#

Since my last post I have been gathering more resources to use in my final thesis as well as gathering physical copies of the books I'm already using. What's more, I have also added more details on the companies, schools, and people from Rochester into my paper in order to gain both a longer paper and inform more people on what the city's role was during the war and how it was effective.

I have also sent several rewrites of my paper to my two advisors both of whom are giving me advice on what I should add to my paper and how I need to expand on certain subject so readers may learn more about the topic if they are not familiar with either WWI or Rochester's role in the war.

Some of these selective pieces of knowledge that many would not know about include RIT's role in training the Red Cross, making materials for the war such as dehydrated food, or training soldiers in technical skills that would serve them in Europe. Whats more the University of Rochester trained students in combat by starting one of the original ROTC programs in an attempt to give students who wanted to fight in the war a chance to lead men into battle after going trough basic training.

I also discovered that Eastman Kodak created an Aerial Reconnaissance School for pilots so they might gather information more accurately as they learned from the English and French that reconnaissance was the most important thing for the modern military in the 20th century.

I hope to find out more as I keep writing and I plan on having at the very least thirty pages at the end of the year with charts and tables to show off even more detailed information in my final draft of the paper.

1 comment:

  1. Cameron, you've come really far with your research. Focusing on the Rochester Military History Society's collections have been a good resource, and I look forward to seeing what you add to flesh the paper out. Great job on your tables so far. They are very strong elements of your paper.

    ReplyDelete