Thursday, February 1, 2018

Spring semester updates

Because my project is research-based, I didn't get to do anything too exciting or hands-on over the break. This format allows me to work on my thesis at more of my own pace, and not that of a more rigid project schedule, which I think is helping me a lot. I find myself writing at odd times, like during a quick 20 minute break or really late at night, but every little paragraph is still progress!

As I began writing, I started to notice a few "holes" in my research. I had originally thought some of my sources would have enough material, but I find myself wanting to add a bit more, just to improve the flow. It's difficult to know whether I'm dwelling too much on background context and the history of museum education, but I'm assuming that I'll end up cutting a decent portion of that first section of my paper. The more I write, the better idea I have of what research I still need.

After today's class, I'm now trying to think ahead to what types of images would be appropriate to include. The final "product" of my thesis will be a list of suggested applications of museum education methods to selected Common Core standards, so maybe a table would be an efficient way of listing that information.

1 comment: