Thursday, February 22, 2018

"That's not it!!??"

Last Tuesday I made my first visit of the semester to the Burchfield Penney Archives in order to study documents from the 1976-1978 seasons at Artpark. The documents of particular interest were editions of the Artpark magazine, called Current, and drafts of press releases. One of the most amusing Artpark pieces I've come across in the documents is Phillip Simkin's Human Puzzle, a participatory piece which had 75 visitors each wear a giant foam puzzle piece and attempt to put together a "puzzle" containing their bodies (I know the art itself isn't a particular focus of my paper but it's still interesting to learn about). The information I received from this visit should be sufficient for me to finish putting in all of the available initial data into the database by the end of the month. Then, I can spend the next month focusing on visualization and analysis.

I also need to consider my poster design and the nature of the figures I want to include. Contrary to what was believed today, there were previous posters available online for reference. I look forward to the workshop next week.   

1 comment:

  1. Angie, looks like you've made incredible progress on gathering information. The database is coming along, too. And, I look forward to discussing visualization and analysis of data in our next meeting!

    ReplyDelete