Thursday, February 22, 2018

More Progress...

I have completed my case studies! In my last update I had only completed inspecting one title but since then I have inspected three others. I decided on doing four case studies instead of five for the sake of time and I was seeing the same pattern where doing a fifth inspection would not have made a difference. I have truly enjoyed my time working at the Louis B. Mayer Conservation Center and will miss it dearly. Handling nitrate has been a great experience. Deborah Stoiber has been a great resource for all my questions, mainly asking what type of decomposition is this and if there is a name for it.
As of now, I am working through feedback from both advisors and tackling the big issues. I will be adding in my inspection on my last three case studies and everything that follows including lots and lots of photographs for the appendix.

1 comment:

  1. Lauren, you've done a great job gathering data through inspection and consultation with professionals from George Eastman Museum. I am impressed with how well your internship experience has set the stage for your thesis work, and how you've built a solid base of knowledge in this area. Great job!

    ReplyDelete