Monday, April 1, 2019

Post #5 Revise, revise, revise....

As I stated in class last week, I was very relieved to have my final draft turned in to my advisors. I've already started to do some of the revisions that I noticed needed to be done during our peer review session, but there are many more left to do. I've already reformatted my photos appendix to have the captions under the photos instead of above. Just doing that alone has made them look so much better. Now begins the task of double and triple checking that I have all of my German words italicized, the punctuation in the right places in relation to footnotes, and getting my footnotes and bibliography in "Turabian" style. I used Zotero, but that isn't the same as Turabian, so I have to make sure I'm using the correct style. I also have a few grammatical things to clean up, but overall I'm fairly satisfied with how things have turned out.

I'm trying to let myself step back from it for a few days and be able to have fresh eyes when I look at it again, but I also want to get it done so I can be done with it and not have to think about it anymore.

But as they say, there's light at the end of the tunnel.... hopefully it's not an oncoming train! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on making this milestone, Jen. It's great that you will have some distance of time to look at the thesis with fresh eyes. And, I assure you, the light is shining brightly—it's not a train!

    ReplyDelete