Monday, September 2, 2019

Experiences in Museum Studies Field

Carmen is the name and museums and history is the game!!

hahahahahah

All jokes aside history and how the museum's display history has always been my passion. Up to now, I have always been to museums as a visitor or the end consumer. In this capacity, museums have always lived to my expectations. I love how museums take history and present it in a way that will pique the visitor's interest. This summer I had the wonderful chance to visit the Cleveland Museum of Art, the interpretations that they give some of their art pieces is crucial! The pictures show one of my favorite artworks and the interpretation that the museum gave. My siblings and I agreed that this was very well done and that the museum served one of its main purposes to educated, especial on controversial and prevalent topics. 

  One day I hope to make educational and interesting exhibitions, all be it scandalous as well to really make the visitor have a keepsake from the experience!! 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Carmen! I also really love the power that interpretation can have. I've heard a lot of great things about the Cleveland Museum of Art, glad you got to go and experience this! Can't wait to see all of your future exhibits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carmen, I've never been to the Cleveland Museum of Art but it sounds like a great experience and a place I'll have to put on my bucket list! I also think it's super cool how individuals/museums interpret various artworks and how this can start a conversation with the person next to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carmen, I also love the history aspect of everything! History is my jam brother! I've not been to the Cleveland Museum of Art, or many other art museums in fact, but I never really thought about how they truly interrupt their art through the exhibits. I hope to hear more about your experience at the museum, and why it stood out to you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carmen, I am so thrilled to know that you were able to visit the Cleveland Museum of Art this summer! You're so right that the interpretations are crucial. They really help to give visitors context, don't they? What did you think of the interactives in ArtLens?

    ReplyDelete