Monday, September 16, 2019

Two Paths


Hello, Everyone,

There are two potential paths I would like to explore for a thesis.

I discovered one while doing another class project last semester. The Geva theater has these mini dioramas that depict the stage set up for their past shows, it includes the little actors, and any setting props specific to the play. They express how cool it would be if someone could help them exhibit these dioramas, not only as works of art but to educate people on the theatrical production process. I instantly loved the idea and would love to help them in any way I can!

The second path I could take would be an archeology-based project. This semester I am taking a class in archaeology and the professor gave me some ideas on how to do a thesis based on local archeological digs, and I have always been very interested in this. Also, my plans are to be a curator with a specialty in ancient history, so this just fits together. 

The paths are very different but based on things I really like; I don't know what I will choose. Or better said what will choose me!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carmen, both of these projects sound really interesting, and because they each touch on interests and experiences you've had with GeVa and with archaeology, that will help you to locate good resources to help develop your case studies. I think both topics are really great! Looking forward to learning more! - Dr. Decker

    ReplyDelete