Friday, February 8, 2019

490 post 2: Revise, revise, and revise again

Now that I have the first few pages written, I'm trying to revise them to a point that I'm happy with before I have to start adding to the other sections of my thesis. I'm hoping that getting one section that I'm satisfied with will let me use it as sort of an example for how I want to format the rest of the thesis.  Getting feedback from not only my advisors and Dr. Lent, but from my peer review group has definitely helped. I knew that my writing was far from where I want it to be at the end of the semester, but seeing that I'm not as behind as I thought I was when I first submitted the first draft was extremely reassuring. Seeing that the three of us in my peer review group have taken three different approaches to our writing style has also helped me feel more confident that not everyone's thesis will be set up the same and it's fine if we have different styles, formats, and/or contents.

No comments:

Post a Comment