Monday, February 11, 2019

Project continuation

The last few weeks for me have been more about progressing on my project rather than writing.  Two weeks ago, I was able to complete the first test print of my visor, which was good for a first try but had some serious flaws.  It was way too big, and the nose hole was nowhere near the shape of a nose.  Last week I worked with my friend to fix the model, and I reprinted it this weekend.  It looks way better but now it's a little too small, so I'll probably do one final print later this week, and then use that model for my study.
I'm planning on going to the RMSC for visitor observations next Monday, Saturday, and Sunday.  Hopefully this will give me enough data to use for my study, so this week is full of preparations to go next week.  If it's not enough, I'll add additional days, but I'm starting with three and seeing what happens.  To prepare for my study, I'm writing label text, gathering my supplies, creating a sign to attract visitors to the galleries, and communicating with RMSC to make everything is all set.
However, I have been working a little bit on writing.  Mainly, I've been editing based on the (very helpful!) feedback I got on my first eight pages.  I'm also planning on writing my next eight later this week, but I'm a little worried about running out of things to write.  The next big bulk of writing I have to do is about my study, and since I haven't completed it yet I don't want to write a bunch of fluff and then fill in information later.  So for now I'm focused on my visitor observations next week.  Fingers crossed that it goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment