Monday, February 11, 2019

Blog Update #2

Paper writing is going much better now that I've gotten myself on a more strict schedule of when the best times to write are. I still struggle a bit with focusing on what to write about and how to best explain what I need to talk about. Also writing the paper from the view of a fan of the music and culture and looking at it with a critical lens has led to some conflicting feelings.
Bands and music I grew up with and loved (still to love) have been essential to a lot of problems and problematic to women in the Metal community. So writing about some of these albums and bands have been tough. I have two sections fleshed out a lot more with ideas and direction in regards to writing them. So I suppose its safe to say, so far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment