Thursday, September 6, 2018

Into the weeds we go...

Before any of my thesis work gets started, I'd like to put it in writing that I genuinely love museums and working in the field. Museums, and the people who work in them, provide invaluable services to the public, and I'm thankful every day that I've been fortunate enough to spend so much time in various institutions. My name is Elisha Muir, and I'm going to spend the next several months of my life trying to figure out how the US tax code affects the operation and governance of non-profit museums. And when that's done, I'm going to law school!
Pictured: me at Imagine RIT presenting with the GCVM
Granted, it's an odd path I've taken, but hopefully by the end of these posts my intentions and analysis will gain clarity, and my reasons for doing something potential dull and far into the weeds will be justified.

1 comment:

  1. Elisha - from 4 year olds to taxes. what a move!
    Check out https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-publication-598 & sections 13702 and 13703 of the new codes.

    Excited to see where your research takes you. Loopholes for non-profits?

    ReplyDelete