Thursday, September 10, 2015

Beer in Rochester

In the past week or so I've been doing some refining of my topic, and expansion also. As I wrote previously I'm interested in the beer history and culture in Rochester. Although initially I was thinking more about research, but after some very helpful discussions I've expanded on this idea. The Genesee Country Village and Museum already has two beers on the market that are based off of historical methods and recipes. So I'm going to begin thinking about how I could expand my historic research into a modern creation or program. It could just involve developing a program at the GCVM during the winter (the prime time for brewing), or talk with local craft breweries about some sort of joint project I could do with them. Of course, this idea is just budding, and is still largely unexplored.

4 comments:

  1. Sam,

    I think your idea for your senior thesis is extremely interesting. While a research paper on beer history and culture in Rochester would be fascinating, I believe a project would be more rewarding for you. I am looking forward to seeing what type of program you potentially co-host or hearing about what type of concoction you brew. I wish you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh beer! I agree with Jenna on this. This project must be very interesting one, and I am looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be interested to see how a winter program and GCVM would work out. They currently only have select events during the winter and normally only on the weekends. Having a successful long term project during the winter may help create more programming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really excited to see how this develops, and I hope our work together in Digital Entrepreneurship will support your thesis work, even inadvertently. (Just don't forget to cite yourself.)

    ReplyDelete