Thursday, September 3, 2015

Susana's Intro

Hi everyone! My name is Susana Flores and originally from Bay Area, California. I'm majoring in Museum Studies with an immersion in Deaf Studies. My interests always been in Art, History and Science. I enjoy any arts in general but do have some interests in Black/ White photography, Baroque Painting arts and Graffiti arts.

I recently completed my internship at American School of the Deaf (ASD) in Hartford, Connecticut. My assigned project was to preserve, catalog and label the books from late 1700's - Early 1800's in their Archive library room and I also worked on transcription projects with the Connecticut Digital Archive under University of Connecticut. My experience working as intern at Hartford, CT was very enriching and i'm already looking forward to work with ASD again next year for their upcoming exhibition for thier 200th anniversary



Statue of Thomas E. Gallaudet with 
Alice Cogswell in front of ASD admission office. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have had so many opportunities working with ASD this past summer, Susana! It is fantastic that you will be continuing your relationship with them for the upcoming exhibition, too!! With so many diverse interests, it will be interesting to see which direction you take for your senior thesis project.

    ReplyDelete