Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Past Thesis Ideas

At this point I have my topic picked out but I wanted to share with you the other ideas I had in mind.

My first idea was to write a paper on Trauma Tourism. I had written a paper on it in Exhibition Design and wrote a similar paper in an anthropology class I took called, Genocide and Post Conflict Justice. I wanted to focus on memorials and museums in places that experienced turmoil (concentrating on genocide) and how the museum / memorial worked in the grieving process. I wanted to focus on the memorials and memorial museums in Rwanda and the Tuol Sleng Museum in Cambodia.

Other topic ideas I had included cultural patrimony issues, conversation of mummies / where should the mummies be exhibited / ethics of displaying human corpses, and social media within cultural institutions with a case study of creating the Pinterest page for the Archives.

I am very excited to get to work on my thesis about the Hynerotomachia Poliphili  

Reader Response in Columbia University's 1499 copy of Hypnerotomachia Poliphili 

Rubrication is still present in the Newberry Library's 1499 copy of Hypnerotomachia Poliphili 

2 comments:

  1. These are really good ideas still! If your thesis ever fell through your love of mummies and the like would really shine through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing this great blog.Very inspiring and helpful too.Hope you continue to share more of your ideas.I will definitely love to read Thesis Writing Tips.

    ReplyDelete