Thursday, September 3, 2015

Hello, I'm Melissa.

Before I begin posting regularly, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Melissa Fanton, and I am a fourth-year museum studies student at RIT. Since becoming an intern at The Strong National Museum of Play, my interest in Collections Management has blossomed and I hope to pursue a thesis topic related to collections. The collections at The Strong are too interesting not to study in more depth, and their library and archives can provide many high quality sources. Thank you for reading, and stay tuned for more in the coming months.

A photograph of me during my internship at The Strong. The image depicts me playing Super Mario Bros. on the day of the World Video Game Hall of Fame induction ceremony. This photograph was taken by RIT alumni Lauren Petracca, staff photographer for the Democrat & Chronicle. From the Democrat & Chronicle, June 4, 2015. Article can be found online here.

3 comments:

  1. The picture you included is great, and I think you write very well! Overall I think this was a great introduction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This picture is so fantastic, Melissa! It is always exciting to see members of an institution actually interacting with the objects on display. I can't wait to see how you bring your experiences from The Strong into your senior thesis project!

    ReplyDelete