Thursday, September 10, 2015

Heather Clarke's Introduction

When I first came to college at RIT I wasn't sure what I wanted to do for my career and for my first year I was a chemistry major. Very quickly I realized my mistake because I had a difficult time and really didn't have the passion for the field of chemistry that I originally thought I did so I moved on and looked elsewhere around the college for a good fit.

It wasn't until the middle of my second year, after a year of searching for a program I had a passion for, I came across the Museum Studies program at RIT through a friend who was in the major. After a brief explanation from my friend I was immediately interested and by the end of the year I became a student of the program.

I have always had a passion for history, artifacts, and education and I also have discovered more of a love for art than I ever knew I had before joining the program. I also love the fact that the goal of a museum is to help people learn and understand the topics that they cover as well as researching and finding out more and more everyday about the artifacts in their collections. However I also don't exactly know where I would want to work in the institution of the museum, as I am currently trying to decide weather to focus on collections or education.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Heather! Will you be doing an internship this semester? Maybe you will be able to narrow down your interests with some more experience. If there was a project you have worked on in one of your classes that was enjoyable or interesting, that might be a clue to lead you where you want to go. Thankfully, none of our initial ideas have to be THE idea. My first idea might work, or it might be a dud. Maybe we can have a conversation to get the ideas flowing, I think it would help both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete